Saturday, June 7, 2014

the painter!

It has been a long time since I've made a post to this blog o' sphere.  Mostly I suppose because I've been busy getting well after nine months of trouble AND also because I've been busily painting like mad, currently at Gilda's Club in Royal Oak, MI.  It is a wonderful labour of love to be able to reinvent new murals for the children's play area there.  I'm in the thick of it for 4+ more weeks and will post completed pictures then.

In the meantime I'd like to share another wonderful happenstance, a video made of my blithering about painting for inclusion in "Detroit Performs", a PBS programme that airs Tuesday evenings at 7:30p.  As yet I don't know when my little portion shall be included in the programme, but I'm told sometime after June. Shall keep you posted!  You can also find the me on Utube if you seach, "Kate Paul"! 
Here's the link:  http://youtu.be/vdjGlT64Pk8

It's an odd thing to see and hear yourself in this kind of media.  It was a wonderful experience and I have to thank Roy Feldman, interviewer, videographer and all 'round lovely crumudgeon for producing what I think is a thoughtful bit of a slice of my life.

If it had been done at any other time it would have been quite different.  And while I want to be known for my own paintings, I can't help but marvel at the timing of this endeavour as it comes just at the end of chemo and the beginning of the Gilda's Club murals.  For as I said in the video piece, when I painted at Gilda's Club on two separate occasions years ago it never crossed my mind that I'd be one of the bretheren.  So, it seems I am at the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment