Monday, October 3, 2011

new work

These days I'm painting alot.  I also really love being at home in the studio watching out the window the autumn take colour.
In this new painting I've got out all the colours.  It was a canvas that already had marks on it but I didn't like where it was going so set it aside.  Yesterday I started playing with it again and out came this idea of the "night train"!

We can hear the local trains from our room at night.  It's a very mournful but peaceful sound to me.  It reminds me of home and hearing the trains reverberate through the Yorkshire dales.  I miss riding the trains.  They were my window to the countryside and the world.  In remembering, I've mixed it all up just as images in the train window would blur the faster the locomotive would go.


No comments:

Post a Comment