Saturday, September 17, 2011

building blocks

When I couldn't move about so much months ago I had to figure out how to distract and amuse myself.  I scribbled alot in my sketchbook.  Then I tried making simple paintings on square blocks of hardboard.  They sold successfully in two different venues which prompted me to make more.  At first they were a project I made up to amuse myself.  I didn't think at the time that they had any value.  But they do in the fact that they exist as a piece of artwork I made out of my hand even if they aren't big colourful paintings.  Once I saw how they are still part of my body of work I liked the idea of making them as a little bit of the story of myself at this time and place.  They don't have any particular meaning altogether.  They are snippits of ideas that pleased me to set down.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment