Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Morning

Woke up this morning with another idea in my head for a painting.  One that encorporates a sketch I did last year.  People often ask me what my collages and paintings are about and honestly, I don't know what to tell them most of the time.  Sometimes after I make an image collage or painting it tells me what it means, but mostly, I just like putting different imagery together in an interesting way.  Well, at least interesting to me.  Rather like something familiar but yet, not.  Its a challenge, much like finding the right word to use when you're writing a letter.  I love words for they are pictures in our brains after all!

In this idea I rather like the concept of dreaming about a stand of trees.  Perhaps these trees sway in the breeze.  They are substantial and strong, growing straight up but flexible.   Perhaps they represent growth and knowledge.  The interpretation can be of our own making.   Or you could just say its all rather silly to have a stand of trees growing out of one's head, making a good case for someone with a migraine!

I choose poetic license every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment