Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Couch scribbler

Today was chemo day.  It rather took the starch out of me today.  I'm never sure if its the drugs to help me tolerate the chemicals or the chemicals themselves.  Suppose they're all chemicals one way or the other.  Just as plants and weeds are a matter of opinion.

When I'm feeling not quite strong enough, as if I'm made of paper (quite a new experience) I usually become a couch weight, sleeping or watching brain numbing tellie as distractions. 

Today when I awoke from an afternoon long sleep I created some imagery as an ode to Joan Miro.  I had read an article in the London Guardian about him while at chemo that was very powerful and moving.  About how he tried to annialate art in his way.  How he tried to escape convention.  His methods were line and shape, very graphic but full of symbology, colour and movement.






It is not my intention to copy him but to try and work in the same manner as he.  It is an experiment of my own making with a nod to his influence.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/joanmiro/default.shtm
    Have a look at the Tate Modern's Miró Exhibition. :)

    ReplyDelete